Thursday, April 17, 2008

ADD and Bible study

I wish I could stick to a routine of studying my Bible each and every day. I know the benefit but I can't seem to stick to it. And it's not a whole "I don't want to read the Bible so I'm going to pretend I don't have the time" thing. It's that I start to do it and then forget. Or, I guess, I can confess another reason I don't do it.

I misplace my Bible.

By "misplace" I mean...lose. Big time lose.

What happens is that I pick it up to read it and then the phone rings or someone knocks on the door or a rabid squirrel comes down my nonexistent chimney and holds me hostage until I feed him some Nut N' Honey cereal, and then I put my Bible down somewhere to take care of the task at hand. And while I'm in the middle of taking care of that, something else happens (the squirrel's insanely angry jilted ex-squirrel girlfriend shows up ala Jerry Springer) and I forget what I was doing and soon 3 days have passed and I still can't remember what I did with my Bible.

Which, I guess, would be frustrating if I even remembered for more than 3 seconds that I was looking for it. Heh.

1 comment:

katdish said...

Dear DH,

Linked to your blog from comments section on SCL. I'm ADD (big time) and was happy to come across your blog. Too funny! If you get a chance, check out my post from a couple of days ago: "Philemon: Bible Goodness for the Short Attention Span".

PS - I watched the youtube video on prosperity gospel. I live in Houston. Joel Olsteen is scary!